Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am getting redirects on iPad air and iPad 2 whether using wifi or Cell services.

iPad Air

running 8.2

Model mfoo3ll/a

I did a search today for a local doctors website and phone number using google.

When I clicked on the site I was first directed to a "app" to buy ****.

I closed the window and opened a new window and typed in the URL directly and then got redirected to to other **** sites.

When I tried on the desktop computer, everything was fine and got to the website normally.

I then cleared all history, cookies and web data. Still the same redirect result going to the same website.

I did the above and shut down and restarted. Still the same thing.

I read about possible infected wireless routers where one of the tips was going to a different wireless network and see if it cleared up the issue. So I turned off the wifi and turned one the ATT cell service. Still same result.

I am looking for suggestion on what to do next.

Respectfully

AD

Posted on May 4, 2015 5:40 PM

8 replies

May 4, 2015 6:29 PM in response to jazcan

THX Jascan

No jail break on my units.

I am updating to 8.3 now to see if that works.

After the 8.3 update, even though my default search is Google, when I open Safari instead of a blank window, Bing opens as the first window.

I am trying shutting down and rebooting to see if that helps.

Next I will try your suggestion

Respectfully

Mark

May 4, 2015 6:41 PM in response to Armor dude

OK No Joy!

Did your reset suggestion and when opening up Safari instead of a blank page, it goes right to BING. I changed the default search engine and it Safari still opens on BING.

Now what?

type in the Yahoo search now for the same Docs office and when I hit the link, it redirects through several screens to the p0Rn sites. I even took a video of the redirects.

May 4, 2015 7:05 PM in response to stedman1

stedman1

I did see that article.

Did you see where I said I used the Cell Service not wifi? totally bypassed my wife router and its still doing weird sh_t

I am on ATT cell service and when I open Safari, instead of a blank window, it defaults to the BING website. This is totally bypassing the router and using cell service.

I did a reset as per jazcan, installed 8.3 and still No Joy.

I am getting redirects on iPad air and iPad 2 whether using wifi or Cell services.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.