Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot do a back up restore because not enough space...?

Xpost as I couldn't find a way to move it

I am sure this has been asked but googling has not provided an answer that I can understand - and I would rather run over my phone than pay $29 to ask why I can't do something that should be so simple. Yes, sorry, having a really bad day that resulted in accidentally erasing some text messages. Of course, the only way that i know to get them back is to restore from a backup. And I backed up last night - but I can't restore from a backup because apparently I do not have enough space. I am not technical and I cannot understand how that is possible - a back up should wipe out what you have and put back what you had - why can't I do this? And of course I don't have space when my stupid "other" folder is hogging 5 gb's and I can't for the life of me understand how to get rid of whatever is in there.

Any help would be appreciated - do I just erase everything on my phone, then restore from a back up? I'm so frustrated over this - I just want the texts back.

Thank you

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 4, 2015 6:05 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2015 6:02 PM in response to jenmurr

yes you do have to erase everything in order to restore from that back up. But just to let you know your other should not be higher than 1gb if so then that suggest a software problem and you would have to restore to factory settings. If you restore from a iTunes back up it can possibly bring back the software problem. If you use iCloud you can back up to that and it wont bring back the software problem

Cannot do a back up restore because not enough space...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.