Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no sound when receiving txt

Iphone 5s ios 8.3

Although I have sound a txt sound in settings, I do not receive any sound when receiving a txt message.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, windows 8.1 64-bit

Posted on May 4, 2015 6:38 PM

7 replies

May 5, 2015 3:30 PM in response to j2know

You're welcome. DId you check Mute ? If Mute isn't turned on double check settings> Notifications> Messages> notification sound and make sure a sound is chosen.

If a sound is chosen all I can think of is a reset. Press and hold both the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears. Release both fingers. Wait until your iPhone starts on it's own.

May 5, 2015 4:44 PM in response to j2know

I just had this happen today but only when the screen was locked - I'd get a vibrate but no sound. If the screen was unlocked, I'd hear the tone.

After checking through this forum, I ensured that I didn't have Do Not Disturb set, that Bluetooth was off, and that the sound was set correctly. All suggestions I found.

Finally, I just restarted my phone. Everything functioned normally after that.

Jun 27, 2015 10:25 AM in response to j2know

this has been driving me NUTS lately!!! 😕 Incoming texts and even the keyboard clicks weren't working. sooooo.....I found my answer (because all the settings issues like Do Not Disturb, resetting, silence, etc. didn't work for me). When my bluetooth was on here at home, it syncs with the sound bar of my TV system. I turned off the bluetooth and WHAM! It works! I was LOSING MY MIND! lol 😁

You have no idea...I was seriously going postal and was not going to reset my phone to factory settings. If you think about it, once you reset it, but then put in all your blue tooth devices again, you'll run into the same problem. So, try that and hopefully it works.

Mar 2, 2016 3:16 AM in response to DocZamp

(0 points)

CosmoclarkMar 2, 2016 3:11 AM Re: No incoming message sound when locked - iPhone 6, iOS 8
in response

I Discovered that if you have a Bluetooth tv or stereo on snd you have connected your phone to it. The phone will automatically connect to the tv or stereo thru the air play Bluetooth function. If the tv or stereo is turned on. Turn off the tv or stereo and the phone will revert back to normal and all alert sounds will come back on. Or you can manually disconnect by going to the quick pullup menu and turn off air play which will disconnect the phone from those devices. It's a hard to find solution but that's what worked for me.

no sound when receiving txt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.