Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 16GB iOS8.3 i'm a new user on iPhone. My sister gave me her old iPhone that she bought in UK, she she it here in the Philippines and i'm having problems because i can't use it. i already restored it to set it up new but i couldn't still acti

iPhone 5

16GB

iOS8.3

i'm a new user on iPhone. My sister gave me her old iPhone that she bought in UK, she she it here in the Philippines and i'm having problems because i can't use it. i already restored it to set it up new but i couldn't still activate it. It says, " Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached." and "The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information."

what should i do for me to be able to use it?

please help!

Thank you very much!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 4, 2015 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 1:56 AM

It is locked to your sisters carrier.

She would have to ask her carrier if they unlock iPhones and if she qualifies for this service.

2 replies

iPhone 5 16GB iOS8.3 i'm a new user on iPhone. My sister gave me her old iPhone that she bought in UK, she she it here in the Philippines and i'm having problems because i can't use it. i already restored it to set it up new but i couldn't still acti

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.