Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to disconnect ipod touch from old computer name

My daughter gave me an ipod touch. I had it connected to a computer named "Desktop." Then I got a new computer called "moonstone" (Windows 7). "Desktop" is no longer available. Moonstone sees it as an unknown usb device with no driver details.

The router sees the ipod touch, but moonstone / Windows 7 and the iTunes application doesn't recognize it at all. The ipod sees the network and says "Sync will resume when Desktop is available." How do I get the ipod touch to erase the Desktop connection and sync with moonstone? How do I get Windows 7 to recognize the device, and iTunes to see the device?

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 4, 2015 6:25 PM

1 reply

May 4, 2015 7:51 PM in response to djoseph05

There is no such thing as, or requirement of, erasing it form any other computer.

It is designed to simply plug into another computer and sync. This will erase the iPod and replace the content with content from the new computer.

If the new computer does not recognize the iPhone then a google search will find this article:

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows ...

how to disconnect ipod touch from old computer name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.