Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos app not syncing with icloud

Hi all,

After updating to the new photos app my photo library doesn't seem to be syncing properly with icloud. My ipad and iphone update ok to show the recent photos I've taken on either device, when I view the photos from the other device, then when I log into iCloud all the new photos are also stored there.

However, when I open the Photos app on my mackbook the new photos aren't visible. Any thoughts or ideas on how to resolve this?

Many thanks

Mark

iOS8.3 - iPad (Gen.4), iPhone6

OSX Yosemite (10.10.3) - Macbook Pro 15" (late 2013)

Posted on May 4, 2015 6:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 6:47 AM

Hello again all,

It appears I've resolved my photos app issue.

As all my photos seemed to be stored in iCloud and shared to my iPhone and iPad correctly, I created a new photo library on my macbook (Create a new photos library) and then set it as my System Photo Library (Designate a System Photo Library in Photos - Apple Support) Once I'd done that I then turned on the necessary iCloud features from the Photos app preferences for that photos library.

A minute or so after doing so the first photos (that hadn't appeared in the app previously) were appearing in the photos app as they were syncing from iCloud.

To ensure I had made progress resolving this I took a photo on my iPhone and connected to my wifi to upload the photo to iCloud and sure enough the new photo appeared on my macbook after a while.

I hope this resolution works for anyone else having a similar problems with their photos app

Mark

PS: Please note that some projects I had were deleted when the new photos library was created

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2015 6:47 AM in response to markt_chch

Hello again all,

It appears I've resolved my photos app issue.

As all my photos seemed to be stored in iCloud and shared to my iPhone and iPad correctly, I created a new photo library on my macbook (Create a new photos library) and then set it as my System Photo Library (Designate a System Photo Library in Photos - Apple Support) Once I'd done that I then turned on the necessary iCloud features from the Photos app preferences for that photos library.

A minute or so after doing so the first photos (that hadn't appeared in the app previously) were appearing in the photos app as they were syncing from iCloud.

To ensure I had made progress resolving this I took a photo on my iPhone and connected to my wifi to upload the photo to iCloud and sure enough the new photo appeared on my macbook after a while.

I hope this resolution works for anyone else having a similar problems with their photos app

Mark

PS: Please note that some projects I had were deleted when the new photos library was created

Photos app not syncing with icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.