Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Windows PC crashed. I have music downloaded from CD's on my iPod classic. How do I download the songs, which are not in the cloud, to my new Mac?

I have an IPod classic, which has only music downloaded from CD's. Recently my Windows PC crashed after 13 years of reliable service, so I have no way of moving those songs from my old computer to my new Mac. How can I transfer the music from my IPod classic to my Mac? I am told that Apple has no way of doing this, and I have to use third party software. Can anyone suggest any software that can accomplish this? My Mac has the new Yosemite OSX.

iPod classic, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 4, 2015 6:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 11:52 AM

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities

You may want to check out this thread:

Copy music from Ipod to new computer...

You may also be able to (or have someone assist you) pull out the hard drive of your old computer and plug it into your new computer (assuming the hard drive didn't crash).

-Zeph

3 replies

My Windows PC crashed. I have music downloaded from CD's on my iPod classic. How do I download the songs, which are not in the cloud, to my new Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.