Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5S was water damaged and stopped working. I submitted an insurance claim and received a new 5S. The old 5S started working again. I want to wipe it before returning it to the insurance company. Will that also wipe data on new phone?

My iPhone 5S was water damaged and stopped working. I submitted an insurance claim and received a new 5S. The old 5S started working again. For security reasons, I want to wipe it before returning it to the insurance company. Will that also wipe data and settings on the new phone?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on May 4, 2015 8:30 PM

1 reply

May 4, 2015 8:34 PM in response to lward76

You can go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content & Settings and it will erase your device. What you do on that device will have no effect on any other device (be sure to sign out of iCloud before erasing). Here is a support article with info on what to do before giving away or selling your device:

Prepare your device to sell or give away

Cheers,

GB

My iPhone 5S was water damaged and stopped working. I submitted an insurance claim and received a new 5S. The old 5S started working again. I want to wipe it before returning it to the insurance company. Will that also wipe data on new phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.