Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete messages in spotlight history

Clear messages from spotlight history

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 5, 2015 12:10 AM

2 replies

Jun 18, 2015 8:46 AM in response to NewYorkYankee3

Its easy but may be a pain in the *** it was worth it for me though! Hope this helps ya out!

1. Go to your current texts or emails, delete whichever ones you don't want to show in spotlight history. The ones you delete will be permanently gone as well as those ancient texts and emails that have been stuck in your spotlight for centuries.

2. Go to your settings > reset > reset all settings (as long as you press the right one - "reset all settings" you don't need to worry about any of your pictures, music, contacts, info, anything. All this does is reset your settings.. so you will have to reselect your wallpapers, reset your passwords, etc... YOU WILL NOT LOSE ANY DATA. and if you are seriously worried about it, backup your phone right before you take these steps.)

3. Your phone should bring up the apple logo and a bar while it is resetting. When your lock screen pulls up, unlock it like normal and search your spotlight history. The only texts or emails that should show up are the ones that you left in the history before you reset all settings.

🙂 hope this works for all you nervous wreck people having a hard time deleting your spotlight history. 🙂 it worked for me on my iPhone 4 as well as iPhone 6. Sorry you have to reset your passwords, Wi-Fi settings.. re-log into facebook or social media and wallpapers but it may be worth it if you were in the same situation as me 🙂 good luck my fellow apple lovers. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS HELPED YOU!!!

How do I delete messages in spotlight history

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.