Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot boot MACOS YOSIMITE due to libJPEG.dylib

My MACBOOK Air 2014 does not boot to login and it freezes.

This picture below is captured in verbose mode (from cmd+v).

User uploaded file

I have no idea how to solve this. What I did before this happen is linking the libJPEG.dylib file. Please see the command below.

ln -s /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Resources/libJPEG.dylib /Application/XAMPP/xamppfiles/lib/libJPEG.dylib

Please help me. Thank you in advance.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on May 4, 2015 10:18 PM

2 replies

May 5, 2015 7:37 AM in response to -Poseidon-

If you don't already have a current backup, back up all data, then reinstall the OS.* You don't need to erase the startup volume, and you won't need the backup unless something goes wrong. If the system was upgraded from an older version of OS X, you may need the Apple ID and password you used.

There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional. Ask if you need guidance.

If you installed the Java runtime distributed by Apple and still need it, you'll have to reinstall it. The same goes for Xcode. All other data will be preserved.

*The linked support article refers to OS X 10.10 ("Yosemite"), but the procedure is the same for OS X 10.7 ("Lion") and later.

May 6, 2015 11:38 PM in response to -Poseidon-

I would recommend to do an over the top installation. You won't loose any data, but its always good if you have an backup for if something goes wrong.

Over the top installation will correct all the system libraries and you will be able to boot up again.

Download and put a image of OS X on an external drive or flash, boot up by holding the alt key. Choose the flash or hard drive where the image is and run it like an normal installation. Takes about 23-30 Minutes.

Good luck

Cannot boot MACOS YOSIMITE due to libJPEG.dylib

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.