Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updates on iPad failing since username change

Hi. I had to change my username on iTunes iPad because the previous user name was no longer valid.

I now can't update my existing apps, and even worse, I cannot use them while they are 'waiting'.

Any advice please?

Posted on May 5, 2015 1:03 AM

3 replies

May 5, 2015 3:39 AM in response to ruby.tuesday

Hello both, and many thanks for your responses. I think I didn't give enough information in my original question, as I have had a problem with accidentally having two apple ID's, one of which is now a defunct email address that I can no longer access. Apple told me to create a new email account and an Apple ID with that account, specifically for iTunes on my iPad, which would then allow me to update my existing apps on the iPad. .......and to keep my other Apple ID for everything else ( iTunes on iMac , iCloud, etc.) I have done this. But the newly created ID on the iPad iTunes isn't working. I have now scheduled a call from apple support to help me sort this out.

Many thanks for your time, and if I get a solution to this other than repurchasing the apps I will post it ...

updates on iPad failing since username change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.