Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I brought a second hand iphone 5..it is not setup yet.when i going to setup it after choose wifi connection it says "SIM Not Valid"..I want to know 1.Is my iphone factory locked? 2.If locked how can I unlock it?..plz be kind to solve my problem..

I brought a second hand iphone 5..it is not setup yet.when i going to setup it after choose wifi connection it says "SIM Not Valid"..

I want to know 1.Is my iphone factory locked?

2.If locked how can I unlock it?..plz be kind to solve my problem..

iPhone 5

Posted on May 4, 2015 9:54 PM

3 replies

May 4, 2015 11:01 PM in response to Ingo2711

Thank you..they told me

"hank you very much for your inquiry. I am Kawasaki. I would be grateful if you kindly let me explain your inquiry.

I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

Yet, to our regret, no au-smartphone can be used without having our cell-phone contract as of now.

Moreover, we are afraid that any au iPhone is locked when you insert any SIM card of another company brand in it; in other words, every single au iPhone has the carrier lock on it, and there is no way to unlock au iPhone at this moment for any reasons whatsoever.

I am sorry for being unable to be of assistance to you right now."

can i use this site to unlock my iphone https://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/

I brought a second hand iphone 5..it is not setup yet.when i going to setup it after choose wifi connection it says "SIM Not Valid"..I want to know 1.Is my iphone factory locked? 2.If locked how can I unlock it?..plz be kind to solve my problem..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.