Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get contacts on iphone from computer

This is my situation:

I have an iphone4. I dropped it, screen went black. Pretty sure the wire that connected the screen was disconnected. I don't have the tools to fix this at the moment, and won't until Wednesday this weel. I also don't have the money to pay someone else to fix it or bring it to apple. So neither of those are a possibility right now.

I don't have icloud enabled for anything on my iphone, and I never will. Don't ask why, it doesn't matter. So that is also not a possibility.

The last backup of my phone on my computer is from March, the contacts that I need are more recent than that. So, I don't really know if that's a possibility.

The computer I have this phone synced with on itunes is a Windows computer, Windows 8.1 to be exact. I don't have any apps that save contacts. I don't know if my itunes syncs contacts with outlook or whatever, I never specified that on it, and I can't seem to find anything on it on my computer. Maybe tell me what to do to find it?

The iphone definitely still works, it's connecting to my itunes like normal, but now it's vibrating a bunch. Still connected to itunes like normal though. I just need to find a way to read the contacts off of my phone onto my computer.

For further clarification, I'm not asking how to prevent this from happening in the future, or how I could've prevented it in that past. I'm asking how to solve the situation at hand.

Please help me, this is an emergency. I need the contacts right now. What can I do?

Thank you so much for any help you can give me.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on May 4, 2015 10:25 PM

1 reply

May 4, 2015 10:45 PM in response to l2u7

There is 3rd party software that you can use to transfer the info, for example Touchcopy, just to name one of the many. But this might only work if you don't have to use your touchscreen to put in some passcode.

You can also backup the phone in iTunes, and see if you can find software that can extract that kind of info from the backup saved to your computer.

how to get contacts on iphone from computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.