Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Magic Mouse won't scroll anymore. I've switched out the batteries, restarted the computer, disconnected and reconnected the mouse... still won't scroll. It clicks and moves the cursor if I move the mouse but the one/two finger swipe doesn't work.

My Magic Mouse won't scroll anymore. I've switched out the batteries, restarted the computer, disconnected and reconnected the mouse... still won't scroll. It clicks and moves the cursor if I move the mouse but the one/two finger swipe doesn't work.

Posted on May 4, 2015 11:27 PM

7 replies

May 5, 2015 11:57 PM in response to MacquiO

That's fine ... and welcome to the communities. I read of many mouse problems with Yosemite (which I do not use) and it crosses my mind that swipe problems are often related to the browser site you use. Try Firefox, if you are using Safari. I never recommend Chrome.

The batteries are unlikely to be at fault unless you had leakage with the previous ones. In that case there could be contamination on the contact points.

May 14, 2015 7:36 AM in response to jdm.mac

The reason I don't recommend chrome is largely a bad personal experience with Chrome extensions which led to the dreaded Mackeeper. I avoided contamination but resolved to draw attention to the matter wherever fair to do so. There are aspects that may work well but that doesn't make it a good browser.

As you haven't completed your profile with details of your machine and OS i can do no more than assume you have Yosemite.

Installing Yosemite has been reported many times as the point at which mice or trackpads become unstable. I have read nothing from Apple to suggest it is a known fault point. But things change around the home and even the individual. It is always worth reading these two Apple documents carefully as a starting point.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203171 and https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201542

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.