Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating Libraries in Final Cut Pro X

SOS

does anyone know how to work final cut pro x?? it crashed in a strange way and now it’s saying that my library “must be updated to work with this version of Final Cut Pro” even though it’s worked recently and won’t let me locate what it assumes to be missing files... i’m afraid i’m going to lose a year of progress in terms of editing, can someone help me figure this out?

Posted on May 5, 2015 1:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 1:51 AM

Information, please! What version of FCP X? It looks like you have recently updated - maybe you have auto-update set in the App Store? (bad idea, IMHO).

If you updated (willingly or not), then the message about needing to update the library is perfectly normal.

What version of OS?

11 replies

May 5, 2015 2:41 AM in response to taylorfknight

taylorfknight wrote:

Is there a method to mass-relink all the clips? They're located on an external hard drive under the same titles as they have in the FCP library.... There's just 70 of them or so. I can recover what I edited but not without a lot of pain

Yes, just select the library, File->Relink Files... and select the top level of the hard drive. FCP X should find them all.

Updating Libraries in Final Cut Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.