Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i turn off findmyphone?

i recently sold my iphone 5. before i did i restored to factory settings and logged on icloud to make sure it wasnt hooked up, there was no device found so sent the phone to new buyer. he has since messaged me to tell me that he cant activate the phone because findmyphone is on? he gave me the link to go to but even when i logged on its still not found there. how can i rectify this???

Posted on May 5, 2015 5:07 AM

1 reply

May 5, 2015 5:19 AM in response to zoefrombolton

1. You can send the buyer your Apple ID and password - not a good idea.

2. Have the buyer send the iPhone back to you so you can check and make sure the iPhone is completely free of your Apple ID...if you did an Erase All Contents and Settings it should be clean already.

3. Login to your iCloud account, go to Find My Phone and again check to see the iPhone does not show under Devices - if it does, remove it from the devices and Erase.

The first option is not good as this may be a scam the buyer is working on you to get access to your account information, so the best approach is probably to have the person return the iPhone to you so you can make sure it is clean.

how do i turn off findmyphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.