Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I clear purchases that I no longer want

HOw do I delete purchases that i no longer want in my account?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 5, 2015 4:48 AM

7 replies

May 5, 2015 6:36 AM in response to gail from maine

You can in OS X, but I was going by Doglover45's tag line device of iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1.

I know you couldn't do it in iOS 7. I had wanted to hide a bunch of apps I had downloaded to try, but couldn't find a way to remove them. Looking all over the forums at the time, the consensus was it couldn't be done.

However, checking just now, the feature to hide purchased items in the App Store is back in iOS 8 (yay!). Just touch the app you want to hide and slide your finger to the left. A red button named Hide will appear.

May 5, 2015 6:52 AM in response to Kurt Lang

That's where I think you will still need iTunes on a computer..... 😢

Just found it. I think when you "hide" it on your iOS device, it is basically doing the same thing as "deleting" the app. I hid a couple of apps on my iPhone 6, and they did not show up on my "hidden" apps info in iTunes on my Mac. But, when I went to Purchased on the device, and then clicked "Not on this Phone" they showed up there with the iCloud symbol. What do you think?

GB

How do I clear purchases that I no longer want

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.