Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

puzzled newbie - email signatures

I tried posting a question via the 'start a discussion' page, but it doesn't work - Apple never posted the question...

Question.. I've set up a couple of signatures in applemail but I'm not given any option on the default, as the 'choose signature' check box at the bottom does not respond.

The box default is 'none', which would be fine, but that doesn't work either, every time I compose email, I don't get 'none', I get a signature I haven't chosen.

How do I activate the 'choose signature' drop down menu?

BTW - is mail so bad, it doesn't even have a dedicated community???

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 5, 2015 1:41 AM

3 replies

May 5, 2015 2:48 AM in response to davey17x

davey17x wrote:

The box default is 'none', which would be fine, but that doesn't work either, every time I compose email, I don't get 'none', I get a signature I haven't chosen.

How do I activate the 'choose signature' drop down menu?

After creating a new signature you need to assign that signature to your email account or email accounts if you have more than one.

Go to Mail > Preferences > Singatures.

On left panel select All Signatures. Then, from middle panel drag and drop the signatures to each individual email account that is appearing on the left panel.

davey17x wrote:

BTW - is mail so bad, it doesn't even have a dedicated community???

Thanks

No, Mail is a part of OS X system. There might be some small differences in Mail app on each OS X. It is easier that way when user is posting about Mail issue in a section related to OS X that he/she is currently using.

May 5, 2015 2:53 AM in response to davey17x

I'm guessing you have gone to mail, preferences, signatures. first column should have your list of email accounts (except for the first which is called all signatures), once you have selected your mail account you would like to use the signature on, go to the next column and click plus to create a signature. whilst the account is still selected you should be able to select a default signature for each account.

puzzled newbie - email signatures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.