Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Continuing mail and iCloud problems

Further to my earlier posts, my me.com & iCloud.com emails are no longer received on my iPad. (I can send from the account via the iPad.) Also keychain keeps telling me it's pending, and when I try to activate it with a security code, that never arrives on my phone, though it's clear that the phone number is correct. This all began after the iOS 8.3 update. I have now backed up and restored the iPad twice, and repeatedly signed out of the account, switched off the iPad and signed in again. I have also visited an Apple Store where those were the only suggestions. I thought I had cracked it after seeing a suggestion in the forums to wait... Four emails came in, but have since disappeared. The young man at the Apple Store suggested that it is a software problem and waiting for Apple to issue an update is my only option.

Has anyone any idea when that might be?

The problem is at the least a huge inconvenience, and any help would be very much appreciated.

iMac, iOS 5

Posted on May 5, 2015 2:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 3:04 AM

Hi I think you may have a bug Go to Settings Restore iPad to Factory Settings this will make iPad like new Use same Apple ID & password then you will get all your Apps /data back Do restore over your WiFi Cheers Brian

3 replies

May 5, 2015 3:04 AM in response to Briansyddall

I was so excited when I saw this, So thank you for that. However, if I followed your instructions correctl, I'm afraid it still didn't work! My iPad 2 doesn't have "restore" as an option that I could see, but "reset" is there, and that is what I tried. So a big thank you for your suggestion, but I'm still looking for the solution to the problem. I was particularly surprised that after the reset the keychain still couldn't text me a verification code. But thank you again for trying to help!

Continuing mail and iCloud problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.