Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All tracks changes when I load an amp from waves

So.....

I've got a song I'm working on but Logic Pro does not have a very good amp for my telecaster.

Installed Waves GTR and loaded it in the guitar channel....

But when I do EVERY track gets the plug in and gets distorted.....

I can't seem to get the plug in on just one channel.....

Can someone please help?

Posted on May 5, 2015 2:44 AM

7 replies

May 5, 2015 5:06 AM in response to osunwing

Hi

If you are adding the plugin in the Inspector, you need to be careful which of the 2 channel strips you are loading it into: the one on the right is usually the Output channel, the one on the left is usually the selected track. You have the plug on the output channel, not the guitar channel, so everything in your mix is going through the Output Amp plugin.

CCT

May 5, 2015 8:31 AM in response to osunwing

osunwing wrote:

BTW .....is there a better/easier way to add the plugin than the way I did?

Yes... as per CCT's advice.. You are putting an FX plugin into the OUTPUT strip... which adds the effect to all your Channel Stops...not just the Channel Strip for the Guitar you want to add the effect to....

User uploaded file

In the screenshot above, the yellow box highlights where you put the FX plugin.. which is the incorrect place for what you are trying to achieve.

Putting it there on the output strip adds the FX to all your Channel strips...

Instead, add the FX to the actual channel strip which is where the Red Arrow points to...

Now you will only hear the FX on the single channel you added the FX to....

Hope this clarify things...

All tracks changes when I load an amp from waves

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.