Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chrome for Mac automatically uninstalls iCloud Bookmarks extension

iCloud for Windows includes a Chrome extension that allows you to sync your Chrome bookmarks in Windows with your Safari bookmarks on your Mac.

There is a problem though. If you have Chrome installed on your Mac and run it, Chrome identifies that the extension is not compatible with Chrome for Mac and it then automatically and without asking uninstalls the extension. As extensions are synced across all your Chrome browsers across multiple platforms, when you next run Chrome for Windows, the extension also gets uninstalled, leaving you back where you started without the ability sync bookmarks.

This seems primarily to be an issue with the way Chrome handles compatible extensions, but thought I'd raise it here in case anyone else has noticed this and has any advice.

Does anyone know of a way to prevent Chrome from automatically removing the extension? Or maybe there is an option to stop cross-OS extension syncing. Simply never running Chrome again on my Mac is not an option as I require it in addition to Safari.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on May 5, 2015 2:48 AM

There are no replies.

Chrome for Mac automatically uninstalls iCloud Bookmarks extension

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.