Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac numbers 2.1 not compatible with iPad numbers

I originally created a spreadsheet on my Mac - Maverick and sent it to my iPad to update regularly and easily. I sent the updated version to my computer via email. When I try to open the attachment in the email, it will not open and I have a window which tells me to download the latest version Mac Software. I do not wish to download Yosemite. How can I update the spreadsheet on my computer without downloading the latest mac software. Please can you help

MacBook Pro (17-inch Mid 2010)

Posted on May 5, 2015 3:29 AM

5 replies

May 5, 2015 8:25 AM in response to ToraAtkin

Hi Tora,

You don't say in your post but I suspect that you are running iOS 8 on your iPad. I think this is where the difficulty originates. I don't believe you can downgrade your os.

I am in the reverse situation from you. I am staying on iOS 7 on my iPod because I fear it will be terminally slow. That is keeping me from Yosemite.

You might find other suggestions in the iWork for iOS forum.

quinn

May 5, 2015 1:56 PM in response to ToraAtkin

Hi Tora,

It is a small consolation, but I think Apple is going through a period of rapid evolution in how these programs behave and communicate. It is exceptional to me that Numbers 3.2 and 3.5 do not play nice with each other. I expect all this to settle down in a few years time(!). Until then those of us that cannot keep everything at its most current will be suffering.

If you want to express yourself to Apple please send them feedback. I myself feel a little under assault. Everything is working fine for me but there is this continual pressure to upgrade to current and I know that will be a disaster for my workflow.

Menu>Numbers>Provide Numbers Feedback

quinn

mac numbers 2.1 not compatible with iPad numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.