Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does mail embed my pictures

Recently Mac mail has started embedding my pictures, I have done a little research and wonder if I have altered the html (not that I know what it means) any help would be appreciated, but please keep it simple.

Posted on May 5, 2015 5:43 AM

8 replies

May 5, 2015 7:01 AM in response to Ziphoid

If you mean the picture is showing up as the photo instead of a document icon (or vice versa) right click on the picture/icon and the last option in the pop-up menu will toggle the state. As far back as I can recall Mail has been showing most photos as a picture but not always. I never have been able to figure out how the program decides.

May 5, 2015 7:07 AM in response to dwb

Sorry, I probably haven't explained well. When I send a picture either attached or dragged into an e-mail the recipient receives it embedded, after advice from my daughter I have sent her the picture in a zip file and it worked, but I would like to understand what I have 'done wrong' to instigate the change.

why does mail embed my pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.