Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 128Gb - Storage almost full suddenly for no reasno

Today I received a warning on my phone saying my storage was almost full. I checked the usage in my settings and it was 36mb! I have a 128gb iPhone, which is never more than 60gb full. I don't see how I have suddenly used an extra 68gb.

I have deleted apps I don't use, cleared the cache, deleted emails....I now have 2.5gb free. I am still missing about 60 gb somewhere It is telling me I have used 111gb but when I go into manage storage, it adds up to no more than 40gb. What is going on? Has anyone else had this problem? I am wondering if it is something to do with the latest software update to iOS 8.3?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 5, 2015 3:37 AM

8 replies

May 6, 2015 6:19 AM in response to Ross Leung

Hi all

I plugged my iPhone into iTunes last night, it was showing that I had 60gb free but the settings on my phone still said it was almost full. I had 2.5gb free and it was reducing before my eyes, in seconds it had gone down to 1gb when I hadn't done anything!

Thanks anypats, I ended up having to do a full restore in the end and this did fix the problem.

Not sure what the problem was. If you got it as well Ross there must be some app causing it or some sort of software issue. It was so weird that it was showing as free space in iTunes

Aug 5, 2015 6:32 AM in response to Ross Leung

It started for me when I was away on vacation, (also iPhone 6 128 gb) so I had no idea what was going on and shut the phone fully down which usually works for glitches, but did'nt...then I deleted texts and a bunch of apps, deleted old photos, videos and could not recover any space...in fact, space kept going up and down from a couple of gb to mb!! couldn't check by hooking up to itunes on my pc....wish I had come across this when I searched because everything went back to normal and I now have 81gb space. (because I deleted everything!!) thank you!

Nov 30, 2015 4:04 AM in response to XBUBBLEX

Hi there,

A month ago I bought an iPhone 6s with 128 Gb and I am running into this problem also:

Having about 500 pictures and about 15 small videos, apps and other nice stuff.

Variation between 20Gb in use to 105Gb in use.

Variation occurs randomly more times over the day and night.

last week I did a full erase and restored my backup.

I had 30Gb in use (which already looked to much)

Next morning, after no access to the iPhone I had 110Gb in use.

Most storage is used by the pictures, my IOS tells me!!!

Read about permanently deleting the "deleted" pictures which helped immediately once.

Signaled this problem to Apple Support and they are working on it. Will be an IOS 9 issue I hope......

Iphone 6 128Gb - Storage almost full suddenly for no reasno

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.