Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCX NAS Server or USB3 to Share the Same Library

I would like to use both of my MAC Pros along with the Macbook to access the same FCX library. Is Ok to use The NAS Storage Server or Just an USB3 external, which I would have to move around between computers.

Thanks

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), GTX680 - 6 cores-32GB-Samung SSD

Posted on May 5, 2015 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 9:59 AM

The answer is maybe, sort of. Yes, should work. Might not. Several factors but, yes, it should be as simple as swapping the drive between machines.

Assuming you have both computers and they are already loaded up with FCPX, do a simple test project and let us know what happens. We might be able to help fix it if it doesn't work.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2015 9:59 AM in response to Marcos_G

The answer is maybe, sort of. Yes, should work. Might not. Several factors but, yes, it should be as simple as swapping the drive between machines.

Assuming you have both computers and they are already loaded up with FCPX, do a simple test project and let us know what happens. We might be able to help fix it if it doesn't work.

FCX NAS Server or USB3 to Share the Same Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.