Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s won't switch on or charge

Hi All,

My iPhone 5s was working absolutely fine until last night, when it decided to switch itself off. I plugged it into my charger and it showed the charging symbol it usually shows when the battery has died, and then left it overnight to charge. When I woke up this morning the screen was black and no longer shows the charging symbol when plugged in. I've tried plugging the phone into a wall socket, and using a USB cable through my laptop, and have also bought a brand new iPhone Lightning to USB Cable from Argos to see if there was a problem with the cable. I've looked around for an answer and have tried the following:

• Cleaning the dust out of the bit where the charger plugs in;
  • Soft reset;
  • Connecting via USB to my PC whilst holding the Home button down in order to factory reset the phone.

When I plugged the brand new cable in the phone did flash on for a second and showed the charging symbol for about a second, then went back to a black screen. It's now been plugged in for well over 2 hours and still nothing.

Is there anything else I can try to fix this? I have got an appointment booked at the Genius Bar for Thursday evening but would much prefer to get it sorted before then!

😟

I don't know if it has any bearing but I haven't updated the OS for the last update (and maybe not for the one before - can't remember if I did it or not)

iPhone 5s

Posted on May 5, 2015 6:30 AM

There are no replies.

iPhone 5s won't switch on or charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.