Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It is most unfortunate that I am on holiday now in Thailand and my iPhone5 just would not switch on. I am desperate to know how I can get it done as information on subsequent travel are in the iPhone. Please help!

It is most unfortunate that I am on holiday now in Thailand, and just found that my Iphone5 does not switch on. I used it just a few hours ago and took some snap shots of the area. I did notice though that it seemed quite hot in my pocket hours earlier. I tried holding it on for a while on the switch on button but nothing happened. Tried re-inserting my sim card but nothing happened. I am desperate because I need to retrieve my travel information all contained in this dead iPhone. Please help. Thank you.

iPhone 5

Posted on May 5, 2015 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 8:21 AM

Have you tried to reset your device: Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Apple logo appears (up to 30 seconds). Also, are you certain it does not need to be charged?

Cheers,

GB

3 replies

It is most unfortunate that I am on holiday now in Thailand and my iPhone5 just would not switch on. I am desperate to know how I can get it done as information on subsequent travel are in the iPhone. Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.