Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Library Content does not appear on my new laptop

So I have downloaded itunes on my new laptop and have transferred most of my music over.

The problem is all of my albums are not in my laptop music library, some are stored exclusively in my itunes as that's where I purchased the albums. When I open my itunes on my new laptop there are some of the albums/songs available to download from the cloud but not all of them.

I have;

• Made sure I was signed in when accessing the store
  • Made sure my new laptop was authorised which it is and I am not over the authorisation limit
  • Made sure that the music on the cloud has not been hidden.
  • Transferred the itunes library file over to my new laptop (but why should this matter? If I buy music on itunes why can't I just go into store>purchased>and redownload the music to my libary on my new laptop?)

When I disconnect my phone I can go into the store and redownload the music straight to my phone but everytime I sync my iphone again those albums are deleted and it is just a hassle.

Thanks

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on May 5, 2015 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 1:39 PM

I'm having the same problem. I've just got a new computer because the old one broke and so I can't do what the guide says.

I went into the store assuming that they'd be saved there but no luck.

I've lost ALL my music, films and TV programmes, but my apps and ibooks are showing up.

Any ideas?

5 replies

May 6, 2015 5:46 PM in response to CristaVan

"Shouldn't I be able to sign in to itunes (itunes for Windows is downloaded on to my new laptop) and have it access my account? In theory, shouldn't this include my complete library?"

In a word, no. Not in theory, and definitely not in practice. Without transferring your library from your old computer, you only have access to your previous iTunes Store purchases (with some limitations). If you have subscribed to iTunes Match then all matched items from your library should be available in the cloud (though that is by no means a complete solution). Until such time as Apple make a very significant change to iTunes' architecture you are responsible for your library - maintaining it, backing it up, and migrating it between systems.

Library Content does not appear on my new laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.