Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone upgrade to 5s and gps not working with strava

Hi, I upgraded this week and use strava a lot whilst running or cycling. On my 4s it was excellent. On the 5s (IOS 8.3) it just tells me gps signal lost. I am a premium strava member and the 5s is brand new. Is there an issue with the upgraded ios 8.3 or the 5s in general...... going to dig out my old phone and use that. Does anyone else have the same issue?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 5, 2015 6:28 AM

5 replies

May 6, 2015 9:14 AM in response to markfrombarry

The GPS system includes the chip in your device as well as the satellites above the Earth. So even if your device is in the same place and the same setting as before, it may behave differently from one day to the next. Typically, the device needs to receive signals from about 5 satellites to get an accurate estimate of its position. With the changing position of the satellites, changing weather patterns, and the changing nature of the Earth's outer atmosphere, there are enough parts of the GPS system outside of your direct control and observation that it is difficult to make conclusions about what specifically is causing inconsistent performance. I recommend you try repeatedly before making a judgement about the best ways to work with your device's GPS in your setting.

Tips: Improving phone GPS performance

1. Turn phone off/on
  2. Turn location services off/on
  3. Perform a GPS reset: 1. Double tap the home button. This will bring up tile sized images of all currently running apps. Swipe the screens of all apps upwards to close them. 2. Then go into settings and turn on airplane mode.3. When you've done that go to settings, general, reset and choose reset network settings (you will need to re-enter your wifi passwords!)
  4. Once your phone has reset go to settings, location services, turn it off then on again.5. Then go settings > privacy > location services > system services, setting time zone OFF.

When i did this it worked perfectly.... Strava is fully working now.

Jul 12, 2015 5:24 AM in response to markfrombarry

Tips: Improving phone GPS performance

1. Turn phone off/on
  2. Turn location services off/on
  3. Perform a GPS reset: 1. Double tap the home button. This will bring up tile sized images of all currently running apps. Swipe the screens of all apps upwards to close them. 2. Then go into settings and turn on airplane mode.3. When you've done that go to settings, general, reset and choose reset network settings (you will need to re-enter your wifi passwords!)
  4. Once your phone has reset go to settings, location services, turn it off then on again.5. Then go settings > privacy > location services > system services, setting time zone OFF.

When i did this it worked perfectly.... Strava is fully working now.

Iphone upgrade to 5s and gps not working with strava

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.