Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPad Air will not turn on, normal steps to fix it do not work. What options do I have?

I have an Ipad Air that is a year and a few months old, it will not power on. It started turning off it's self, a few times I was able to bring it back by holding the 2 buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds but after a few times that failed to work. I have tried connecting it to the PC, the PC recognizes a device but does not bring over the device name or anything. I have tried doing a system reset from the PC but part way through it fails not being able to connect to the device. The warranty expired at one year, I took it to the Jump Plus store near me in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada and they told me it is 'Power Dead' and that without warranty the only option they had was to do an exchange at the store but that would cost just a few dollars less than buying a new one through retail. I am wondering what other options I have. I understand it is not on warranty so I should have some financial responsibility in getting it fixed but I am very unhappy if the only option is to get it replaced at basically the cost of buying a new one. I have had several IPod's and Ipod Touches and all worked for several years with no problem. An electronic device that costs over 500 dollars should not fail after slightly more than a year with completely normal use, especially if there is not a cost effective way to repair it. Please let me know what options I have. Serial number is DMPLDPALFK10.

iPad Air, null

Posted on May 5, 2015 7:01 AM

5 replies

May 5, 2015 9:48 AM in response to PeterDuPlessis

You will need to take it in for service or replacement/

As to the cost, usually out of warranty replacements are substantially cheaper than buying a new device.

You may ant to read here:

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center Canada

Out-of-Warranty Service Canada

If you own an iPad that is ineligible for warranty service but is eligible for Out-of-Warranty (OOW) Service, Apple will replace your iPad with an iPad that is new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability for the Out-of-Warranty Service fee listed below.

iPad model Out-of-Warranty Service Fee
iPad mini $219
iPad, iPad 2,
iPad mini 2
$269
iPad 3rd, 4th generation,
iPad Air, iPad mini 3
$329
iPad Air 2 $419

May 5, 2015 11:42 AM in response to PeterDuPlessis

You can Mail the iPad off to Apple to avoid the 3 hour trip to a store but you will have to pay the Out of warranty fee.

And no, replacement is done for the same device you send in. So you would get an iPad air of the exact same specifications as the one you send in.

https://www.apple.com/support/ipad/repair/other/

You can initiate a service request there.

My IPad Air will not turn on, normal steps to fix it do not work. What options do I have?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.