Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do i have to use iCloud for photos? It uses to much storeage..

This new iPhoto program is using to much space I had to upgrade to the 20 gigs but really do not want to do that either.. Can I keep the photos my mac and use the old photo stream method or did they make this change o you have to buy more storage

B Surz

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on May 5, 2015 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 7:07 AM

You do not need to use iCloud Library with Photos. It is an option, but not compulsory. Just do not enable iCloud Photo Library, but keep using My Photo Stream or Photo Sharing in the Photos Preferences > iCloud.

Or keep using iPhoto, if you like it more. The update to MacOS X10.10.3 left iPhoto installed, and you can still use the iPhoto Library, if you did not delete it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2015 7:07 AM in response to Naniofsix

You do not need to use iCloud Library with Photos. It is an option, but not compulsory. Just do not enable iCloud Photo Library, but keep using My Photo Stream or Photo Sharing in the Photos Preferences > iCloud.

Or keep using iPhoto, if you like it more. The update to MacOS X10.10.3 left iPhoto installed, and you can still use the iPhoto Library, if you did not delete it.

Do i have to use iCloud for photos? It uses to much storeage..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.