Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new macbook can not connect to wifi

Just bought the new macbook. How exciting right? Well not when it will not connect to my home wifi. I have an iPad 2, two iMacs and two samsung phone that are connected. The network set up seeing the network but will not accept the password, The connection times out. I've reset the router, changed the security to OPEN and it still will not connect. I've followed several Apple community fixes, without success. I will call my ISP in the morning, but I doubt the problem is the router. Yosemite 10.10.2 just won't play nice.

Bluetooth: OFF

WIFI scans but will not connect.

Network Name: No network selected (gray)

If I select the SSID, the Network Name will not update.

I pop-up states I can not connect to the Wi-Fi network.

I've run diagnostics 12 times.

I've entered the WPA/WPA2 Personal password countless times.

Hours wasted seraching forums and trying to contact Apple Support.

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), New Macbook 12-inch

Posted on May 5, 2015 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 7:02 AM

try a public wifi spot or a neighbor, easy to do. might be the wifi card.

7 replies

May 5, 2015 7:52 AM in response to rjduffy

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

May 7, 2015 6:45 PM in response to wifiguru

Cisco EPC3825

I reset the modem to factory defaults after copying the IP and configuration data. Set up router to connect to ISP. Connected to network with my iMac first. Checked Wi-Fi client list and all devices are using "n" standard. Set network from "mixed" to "n" only, 20 MHz and 2.4 GHz. Checked channel for interference from other routers and channel 11 is clear. Reset PRAM and SMC on Macbook. Successfully connected!

Problems was one or more settings on the router. A factory reset was required. WARNING: Be sure you know the proper settings to reconnect to your ISP or you will need to call for help.

new macbook can not connect to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.