Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image capture import error (-9934)

I'm starting a new discussion because the answers on this issue are few and many have you do thinks you should not or should not have to.

When I plug in my phone, iPad, other device (scanner), card, etc. Then launch image capture, I cannot import images into any folder on my mac. I think this started in OS 10.9 but persists in OS X 10.10.

Fixing permissions does not work.

Other suggestions that have been made:

1. Open permissions - world read/write may work, but it is a bad idea - you give the world access to reading AND WRITING in your folders. If sharing is on, reading may be fine, but writing? I rather not.

2. Make a new folder - that works, but only for the session or another reboot. The next attempts fail and a new folder must be made.

Interestingly, my other computer - also on 10.10 - image capture works fine. So, I investigated permissions further - that computer has me read/write; everyone no access.

The computer where I'm having issues with (MacPro 2009):
I have me read/write; system read/write; everyone read - does not work

Set everyone to no access - does not work

Set everyone to Write only (drop box) acceptable - works!

I made this global (apply to other folders) for my home folder.

Posted on May 5, 2015 9:52 AM

There are no replies.

Image capture import error (-9934)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.