Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad2 shutting down after restore and battery at 100%

Hello everyone,

I have an iPad2 that has been acting a little funny lately. I got a new iPad and wanted to donate this old one to the senior center. I haven't used it in a while, charged it up and noticed that it wasn't turning on.

After a quick search, I tried a few things and holding the home button and power button for 10 seconds would bring the Apple logo up but unfortunately that's about all it did.

I read further that doing this while plugged in to my PC/iTunes would enable me to restore/reinstall to the latest iOS which I did and everything seemed to be working last night. When I got up this morning though, I hit the home button and the apple logo came up again. Whenever I get the iPad to turn on the battery is still charged.

Any other ideas? This little guy is completely out of warranty - does anyone have a rough estimate on what it would cost to have it looked at?

Thanks so much for the time - I hope I was thorough enough in my post.

Rhonda

Posted on May 5, 2015 8:45 AM

There are no replies.

ipad2 shutting down after restore and battery at 100%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.