Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bought Lion software to upgrade my Mac Mini Snow Leopard 10.6.2, however i don't have access to the App store. How am I supposed to download the new software??

Been having trouble with this computer I inherited. It's, like I said, a mac mini core 2 duo with snow leopard software 10.6.2

I went to an Apple Store and they told me to download the Lion software and I'd get an email with all the info I need. But the email also said I need to enter the new software in the app store to download. I DON'T HAVE THE APP STORE!

Anyone, please, help me!!!!

Thanks 🙂

Posted on May 5, 2015 8:19 AM

7 replies

May 8, 2015 8:15 AM in response to Esti125

Esti125 wrote:

It says that I do not have enough space to run it. Is there something I should buy or can I bring my mac into like a best buy to get more GB? It says exactly "Mac OS X Update can't be installed on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update."

Stay away from Best Buy.

If you don't have enough free space on the hard drive, you will need to get an external drive and transfer some files from the Mini's internal drive to the external drive. You can then erase these files from the internal drive to free up some space. If this sounds too complicated, or you have no idea what files you can safely move and then delete, you will need to find an Apple Store or other authorized Apple service provider.

Bought Lion software to upgrade my Mac Mini Snow Leopard 10.6.2, however i don't have access to the App store. How am I supposed to download the new software??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.