Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Win7 boot crash due to atikmpak.sys

Hi,

I have a macbook pro early 2011 runing windows 7 (64bit) with bootcamp (OSX:snowloepard)

When booting in win7 mode, a blue screen shows up saying that it is caused by atikmpag.sys . This happens all the time since yesterday. I didn't install any new software.

I can boot windows in safemode without any problem.

In safemode I deleted (renamed to.old) the file atikmpak.sys. (in /windows/system32/drivers/)

After that it booted in normal mode - with success - but with wrong display resolution.

Devicemanager says there is a problem with the AMD RadeonHD6750M driver.

I tried to reinstall all bootcamp drivers which results in the known blue screen on startup.

I deinstalled the graphics card in the device manager and I tried to install the AMD drivers for the HD670M - and it also results in the bluescreen after rebooting.

Windows will only start up in normal mode after i have deleted the atikmpag.sys. in safemode.

Oh and OSX is also not booting. - The apple logo comes up - and after 3-4 seconds the screen turns completely light grey.

What should i do?

Is this a hardware or a software issue?

MacBook Pro (17-inch 2.4 GHz), Windows 7

Posted on May 5, 2015 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 9:00 AM

Are you aware of https://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro-videoissues/ ?

1 reply

Win7 boot crash due to atikmpak.sys

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.