Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My speakers don't work when I want to listen to music but work when I'm on the phone, please help?

Basically my speakers only work when receiving and sending calls and while I'm on FaceTime or any other video chat but they won't work with music or message notifications

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 5, 2015 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 11:11 AM

Are you seeing the volume bar moving up or down if you toggle the volume buttons while playing music? Does the icon say "speaker"?

Did you already try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about t10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again?

You will not lose data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2015 11:11 AM in response to Z.ormerwood

Are you seeing the volume bar moving up or down if you toggle the volume buttons while playing music? Does the icon say "speaker"?

Did you already try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about t10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again?

You will not lose data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

My speakers don't work when I want to listen to music but work when I'm on the phone, please help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.