Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro will not recognize my LG phone when connected by USB cord

I am trying to get the pictures off of my LG Tribute and move them to my MacBook Pro (Mac OS X 10.7.5). I was going to do this by connecting my phone with a USB cable to my MacBook, but it does not show up on my computer. I have also tried Wondershare MobileGo for Android Pro, but it also tells me to connect my phone to the computer with a USB cord - even though it is already connected. When I go into utilities, system information, and then click on USB it does show LGE Android phone, but that is the only place I can find it. I have also tried leaving the phone connected to my computer and then restarting my computer to see if it will show up, but it still does not. How can I get my MacBook Pro to recognize my phone on the USB cable so I can transfer my pictures?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 5, 2015 8:26 AM

3 replies

May 5, 2015 8:38 AM in response to suzzyOB

Looking at the Manual it seems you need to enable MTP mode.

LG TRIBUTE LS660 USER GUIDE - English

Use the Phone's microSD Card as a USB Drive

To transfer music, pictures, and other files from your computer to your phone's microSD card, you need to set the phone's microSD card as a USB drive. For more details about transferring content between your phone and a computer, see Transfer Via PC or Laptop.

1. Connect the phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
  2. Select Media device (MTP) on your phone.
  3. On your computer, the connected phone is recognized as a removable disk. Navigate to this removable disk and open it.
  4. Do one of the following: Copy files from the computer to the root folder on the phone's storage card. Copy files from the phone's storage card to a folder on your computer or computer desktop.
  5. After copying the files, unmount the removable disk (that is, the connected phone) as required by your computer's operating system to safely remove your phone, and do either of the following:

Disconnect the phone from the computer.

If you want to keep the phone connected to the computer but want the phone to be able to access and use the storage card, open the Notifications panel, touch USB connected > Charge phone.

Other than that, there's nothing on the Mac side you can do. Perhaps it would be better to ask in an LG forum instead.

Macbook Pro will not recognize my LG phone when connected by USB cord

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.