Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule Doesn't Connect After Restart

I am trying to port forward my time capsule and after configuring it and restarting, I get a flashing amber light and I can't find it in my airport utility. I am forced to restart the device, losing my configuration. Is there a solution to this? The TC is brand new last year version 7.7.3

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 5, 2015 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 2:58 PM

Any port forwarding on the Time Capsule requires that you will be using a simple modem with the TC.....and not a modem/router or gateway type of device that most Internet Service Providers supply to their customers.

A simple modem looks like this......note that there is only one Ethernet port on the device.

User uploaded file

A modem/router or gateway will look something like this, for example:

User uploaded file

So, before we can discuss port forwarding, or port mapping, as Apple calls it, we need to confirm that you have the correct type of modem that would allow the TC to be configured to allow port mapping to occur.

What is the make and model number of your modem?

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2015 2:58 PM in response to Pureglory

Any port forwarding on the Time Capsule requires that you will be using a simple modem with the TC.....and not a modem/router or gateway type of device that most Internet Service Providers supply to their customers.

A simple modem looks like this......note that there is only one Ethernet port on the device.

User uploaded file

A modem/router or gateway will look something like this, for example:

User uploaded file

So, before we can discuss port forwarding, or port mapping, as Apple calls it, we need to confirm that you have the correct type of modem that would allow the TC to be configured to allow port mapping to occur.

What is the make and model number of your modem?

Time Capsule Doesn't Connect After Restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.