Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connect my iPad 3 to my Car Stereo

I would like to connect my iPad 3 to my Car Stereo. In the past I have connected plugging into my lighter and finding a clear channel on the radio. I do not have a radio that will connect to a certain channel It is a 2008 Honda CRV.

Bonnie

Posted on May 5, 2015 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 9:33 AM

Not sure what you mean by this: "I do not have a radio that will connect to a certain channel It is a 2008 Honda CRV."

The iPad itself does not transmit to FM radio. you would require an FM transmitter for that. Plugging it into the lighter only charges the iPad, but will do nothing else.

Your 2008 Honda CRV should have a way of selecting FM stations manually that will allow you some degree of control to choose a station if you have an FM transmitter.

Without knowing exactly what you have it is impossible to offer any kind of advice.

It would probably be a good idea to connect your local Honda dealer and ask how to manually set radio stations.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2015 9:33 AM in response to Bonbon37

Not sure what you mean by this: "I do not have a radio that will connect to a certain channel It is a 2008 Honda CRV."

The iPad itself does not transmit to FM radio. you would require an FM transmitter for that. Plugging it into the lighter only charges the iPad, but will do nothing else.

Your 2008 Honda CRV should have a way of selecting FM stations manually that will allow you some degree of control to choose a station if you have an FM transmitter.

Without knowing exactly what you have it is impossible to offer any kind of advice.

It would probably be a good idea to connect your local Honda dealer and ask how to manually set radio stations.

May 5, 2015 11:31 AM in response to Bonbon37

I Used to do this with a transmitter on my wife's car with her iPod some years ago. I had to connect to the lowest available channel in the FM band in order for this to work. If that doesn't work for you, then I agree with Phil. Contact your Honda dealership and ask them if there is a way to connect. Try Googling for answered as well.

May 5, 2015 12:28 PM in response to Phil0124

Phil0124 wrote:

Then it should work the same way, as how it worked with the iPod. The real question here is how you set the correct radio station on the Honda's stereo system.

I Hope that Bonbon37 has the correct adapter to get the iPad to fit the transmitter.The one that I used was for an iPod only, however at that time, there were no iPads and it may have never been before the iPhone came out.

May 5, 2015 6:07 PM in response to Demo

Good point. 30 pin FM transmitters where a dime a dozen back in the day. I used one with my 8Gb First Generation iPod. Came with a stand that plugged into the lighter port, and had an adjustable arm. All in all it worked pretty well. Never tried it with my first gen iPad though, if it was even still functional at that time. Can't remember.

May 6, 2015 8:37 AM in response to Phil0124

In doing some searching in my car I finally found the port to plug into, but I still need a device to choose the channel. Unfortunately I do not have a manuel selector on the radio which is really puzzling. So I have to find a device that will either automatically find and empty fm station or let me use the device to find it. and then sync it with the radio channel. This one looks good. <http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RCGLOZA?psc=1>

B

connect my iPad 3 to my Car Stereo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.