Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to internet on MacBook Pro 13" Retina

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out why my brand new MacBook Pro 13" Retina will not pick up internet on my existing Airport Express.

I have multiple older mac devices on it, as well as windows machines and smart phones that do not hesitate.

I've already made sure my WiFi is set to DHCP, although I did test by inputting a static IP address. I've changed my DNS as well, but no luck.

Oddly enough, I have bootcamp with Win 8.1 Pro installed, and when I boot into Windows, WiFi works fine.

I've did a factory reset on the Airport Express, reconfigured, etc. and still no luck on the Mac Side. (10.10.3)

Thoughts? Is this a glitch between the Airport Express and the new MacBooks? The Airport Express is no more than a year old, and is on 7.6.4 firmware.

Thank you!

-Michael

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 13" Mid 2015 i5,8gb,256ssd, win8.1

Posted on May 5, 2015 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 9:43 AM

Well after an hour of further troubleshooting, I fixed my own problem. I left the DNS servers from one of my clients as the default. I removed it and set that to DHCP as well and it resolved itself.

Sorry for wasting anyone's time who read this article!

I fail!

Sincerely,

Michael

1 reply

Cannot connect to internet on MacBook Pro 13" Retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.