Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't set up Apple TV after update

I restored my 3rd gen apple TV today, when connecting it to my TV once the update was complete I am unable to continue to set up as it takes me to the 'Home Sharing' stage and it is not recognizing my Apple ID or password, I have changed my password incase that was the issue but that hasn't resolved it.

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on May 5, 2015 10:57 AM

2 replies

May 5, 2015 3:34 PM in response to Movinut

Best to start a new thread when posting something unrelated. In any case, You can give Apple feedback directly about the issue with movie genres. Yes, licensing will expire and the providers will remove said content. You are only losing access to the cloud for streaming/re-downloading, which is a bonus, your purchase only entitles you to the initial digital download (which should take place right away and also backed up)

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

To the OP. What icons do you see on the main menu screen? Are you stuck at setting date/time?

Can't set up Apple TV after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.