Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing issues with iMovie

I am using iMovie (newest version on MacBook Pro) to edit and share game film for my football team. I have cut it down into 4 30-45 minute clips. It creates the movie but won't let me share to YouTube (task cannot be completed) or save to my computer (disk full). I can't email it either because the files are too big. Any ideas? I have been working on this for 3 days and am getting nowhere...

macbook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on May 5, 2015 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 3:30 PM

30 - 45 minutes of movie takes up quite a lot of disk space. From the error message you evidently don't have enough disk space left. (This would probably be the reason for the YouTube message too since it still has to store the rendered movie locally before uploading). Have a look at the disk directory in the Finder. How much free space is there? Maybe there is something big on the disk you can delete, for example other finished movies that you could move onto a memory stick. If not you will need to move your library onto an external disk.

Geoff.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2015 3:30 PM in response to Ms.Frazier

30 - 45 minutes of movie takes up quite a lot of disk space. From the error message you evidently don't have enough disk space left. (This would probably be the reason for the YouTube message too since it still has to store the rendered movie locally before uploading). Have a look at the disk directory in the Finder. How much free space is there? Maybe there is something big on the disk you can delete, for example other finished movies that you could move onto a memory stick. If not you will need to move your library onto an external disk.

Geoff.

Sharing issues with iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.