Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Photos App: Where are all my pictures from my iPhone!

New Photos App doesn't show all my photos and only shows pictures from 2014

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 5, 2015 10:43 AM

1 reply

May 7, 2015 11:08 AM in response to shreenafrommumbai

Howdy Shreena,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

From your post I see that the iPhoto Library which was updated to Photos is only showing some photos from 2014. This indicates you might have another iPhoto Library with the other photos on your Mac. To migrate another iPhoto Library to Photos, please follow the directions below.

Migrating more than one photo library

If you have more than one photo library on your Mac, then Photos will ask which one you want to upgrade the first time you open it. Photos allows you to open and work with libraries created in iPhoto or Aperture.

User uploaded file

To migrate another photo library manually:

1. Quit Photos.
  2. Hold down the Option key and open Photos.
  3. Select the library you want to open. If the library you want isn’t listed, click Other Library. Navigate to the library you want, and click Open.
  4. If the library you want isn’t listed, click Other Library. Navigate to the library you want and click Open.

You can also drag the library you’d like to open to the Photos icon in the Dock. Or you can click Create New to create an all-new, empty library.

Get started with Photos for OS X - Apple Support

Have a good one,

Alex H.

New Photos App: Where are all my pictures from my iPhone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.