Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I created an icloud email. I changed my itunes acct id (apple id) to this email address. Now I can't sign in to icloud or itunes because it says that I need to verify this new email address

Please HELP!!!!

I created an icloud email address. I changed my itunes acct id (apple id) to this new icloud email. I can't sign in to itunes or icloud because it says that I need to verify the email address. How do I access this icloud email account if I can;t sign in?

I do not have an ipad or iphone. I am using my pc.

Thank you.

pc-OTHER

Posted on May 5, 2015 9:40 AM

3 replies

May 5, 2015 10:18 AM in response to Mama2Brady

If your previous ID was a non-Apple email address you cannot change it to your @icloud.com address. Did you create this address on the ID you have been using to sign into iTunes? Or did you create a new Apple ID? If so, is the ID itself the @icloud.com address or is it another non-Apple address? It's not clear exactly what you have been up to - you can only change your ID at http://appleid.apple.com and once that is done you have to sign out of all your devices which use that ID and the iTunes Store if it uses that ID before you can sign in with a different ID.

May 5, 2015 11:56 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I appreciate you trying to help me. You should be aware that I do not have any apple products. These are the steps I took:

1. I created an icloud email address

2. I downloaded icloud for Windows

3. I changed my iTunes Apple ID from a non-Apple email address to an icloud address.

4. I added my non-Apple email address as an alternate address on my account

5. I verified the non-Apple email address via the link I was sent to that address

When I went into iCloud and signed in, it says address not verified - check email. That is my problem. How do I access my icloud email.

May 5, 2015 12:18 PM in response to Mama2Brady

You can't create an iCloud account, and thus an @icloud.com address, on a Windows computer, only on a Mac or an iOS device, so I'm not clear what you have done in step 1. It looks as if you only think you have created this address, and then changed your Apple ID to it, and of course the process won't work if the address doesn't exist. If you actually did this at http://appleid.apple.com you need to change it back, though you may not find that easy. If all you did was change it in iTunes, just sign in with the old ID address.

I created an icloud email. I changed my itunes acct id (apple id) to this email address. Now I can't sign in to icloud or itunes because it says that I need to verify this new email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.