Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers '09 and Numbers 3.5.3

I need input, please. Missing features in Numbers 3.5 that were in Numbers '09 (page layout, etc) I have the latest iWork apps on my retina MBP with Yosemite. I have iWorks '09 apps on two Macs running Lion. I have the iWorks '08 DVD, but '09 was a digital upgrade. I would like to have both versions installed on the new MBP. Any ideas how I can achieve this? TIA

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), iWork '09, Numbers 3.5.3

Posted on May 5, 2015 11:12 AM

4 replies

May 5, 2015 2:07 PM in response to madds48

Hi madds,

If you had Numbers'09 on this machine look for an iWork '09 folder in your Application folder. It should be in there.

If it shows up in your purchased tab in the app store just download it.

If you have a registarion # look for an iWork '09 trial online. Make sure you upgrade it to the most current (2.3, I believe).

You also could make a fuss with Apple seeing as you have paid for it in the past. They have been known to send out disks in the past.

quinn

May 5, 2015 2:57 PM in response to t quinn

Thanks Quinn,

I did not make myself clear. So let me restate, we have an '07 MBP and a Mac Pro with both using Lion. Both started with iWork '08 (have the DVD) and then both were updated through the App store through digital download.

Last fall I added a retina MBPro with Yosemite and the latest versions of Numbers, Pages and Keynote.

My problem is I would like to have the '09 versions and the new versions on my new MBP, but the '08 DVD cannot be upgraded through the App store on the old systems, because just the new versions are now in the App store. I hope that clarifies my situation. Thanks.

Numbers '09 and Numbers 3.5.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.