Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgraded to yosemite now pages doesn't work

Hi,

I recently had to wipe my mom's iMac and reinstall the operating system due to a phishing scam. I upgraded to Yosemite. At the time, I went to the App store and re-downloaded Pages that I had previously purchased for her. Installed fine and tested OK. Now a week later, my mom says that the Pages icon is gone and replaced with a question mark. When she clicks it, she tells me that it says WordPress and asks for an email and password.

I had her check the Applications folder - Pages is no longer there. I had her open some old documents previously created with Pages - they open with Preview instead. I can't figure out what went wrong.

Unfortunately I do not have direct access to her iMac and will have to walk her through how to get it back over the phone. Do I just need to have her re-download the update from the App store again, or is there something else going on?

Thanks in advance for any help.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 5, 2015 11:30 AM

2 replies

May 7, 2015 11:53 AM in response to st_apple

Howdy st_apple,

It's really not possible to tell what happened to Pages on your mother's computer, at least not without talking to whoever has been using it. Fortunately it should be a reasonably simple task to reinstall the application.

One thing you might try, in case the Pages application was moved to a different lockation, would be to search for it using Spotlight. If the application has been moved somewhere else on the iMac, spotlight has a good chance of finding it and she can then move it back to the Applications folder. Searching with Spotlight is explained here -

OS X Yosemite: Search with Spotlight

If Pages can not be found, you can download it again from the Mac App Store. This article describes how to do so -

Download past purchases from iTunes in the Cloud - Apple Support

Once reinstalled the ? in the Dock should be again replaced by the Pages icon. If not, drag the ? out and then drag Pages in again from the Applications folder. See this article -

Mac Basics: The Dock holds your favorite apps, documents, and more - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

May 7, 2015 2:33 PM in response to st_apple

Which version of Pages was your mother using?

Is it possible she was using Pages '09 and you have lost that due to wiping the hard drive and now installing Yosemite instead of what she was using?

Apple makes it very difficult to reinstall once it is gone. In fact they make it extremely difficult to install anything except the very latest version.

Peter

upgraded to yosemite now pages doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.