Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 4.6 upgrade

Running Safari 4.6 on OS 10.6.8. Need to upgrade Safari. What version can I go to without upgrading my OS?

iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 5, 2015 10:16 AM

6 replies

May 5, 2015 10:51 AM in response to stevejobsfan0123

Too many programs running sweetly at 10.6.8. I would prefer not to mess with them. The issue I'm having is interfacing with Amazon. I have a few cds worth of mp-3s to download but it will no longer let me because my browser isn't supported. I am totally clueless about Firefox. I get a bit disgruntled when operating systems become out of date which subsequently render useable programs obsolete. Thank you for your response.

May 5, 2015 11:03 AM in response to head_o_hair

Upgrading OS X to a modern version would be the best course of action. See if your applications are compatible at http://roaringapps.com.

If not, partition your hard drive so you can have 10.6.8 on part of it, and a later version on the rest. Then you can run that, and only boot into 10.6.8 when you need to run a program that won't work on later versions.

Safari 4.6 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.