Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I set up to receive notifications for emails into subfolders?

I have the iphone 5c, I have the latest update, ios 8.3, and I set up my emails to go into subfolders from certain people. Now, I do not receive notifications when I receive an email into one of the subfolders. I work 3 jobs so having the subfolders is necessary for me to keep everything on track, but I am responding late to emails because I'm not receiving notifications anymore when I get them because they are in subfolders.

I have looked online for solutions to this problem and only can find that if your email is set up as an exchange, you can go into settings-mail, contacts, calendars-fetch new data-select the email box you want it for and then if you have it set to push, it should display the subfolders for you to select, but with my aol account, this does not appear for me. I've also set them up to be VIP's but that doesn't fix the notification part.

Anyone have any solutions to this?

thanks!

Bethany

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3, Email, notifications

Posted on May 5, 2015 11:42 AM

1 reply

May 5, 2015 11:46 AM in response to bethlehrh

Can't speak specifically to AOL, but no, I don't think you can achieve that (and it certainly will not behave like the exchange account you mention).

Mail for iOS doesn't provide for email rules, so any movement from one folder to another is a function of what happens on the AOL server. As far as Mail on the iPhone is concerned, there isn't anything in the inbox for it to notify you about. There might be an alternate mail app in the app store that will do this - it worth taking a look - but I am not aware of one.

how do I set up to receive notifications for emails into subfolders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.