Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos crashes

Hi Folks,

My iPhoto library updated a while back and I tried to open it for the first time in a while and the application crashes overtime i try to open it. I did the option click on photos app and created a new library and it open fine. Still when I try to open my old library it crashes, i tried to import but photos reckons I need 1.8gb more disk space to do so. Can you help?

There is no error logs available on the error box it just says the application quit unexpectedly.

Iain

Posted on May 5, 2015 1:52 PM

1 reply

May 7, 2015 12:49 PM in response to hammyboy83

Greetings hammyboy83,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are not able to open your Photos Library. In this situation, I would recommend repairing this library. To do this, please follow the steps outlined in the attached article. This information was written for iPhoto and not Photos, but the key commands are the same. You will hold down Option + Command and click on Photos. You will then select repair from the options.

iPhoto 6 and later: Rebuilding the iPhoto library - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

photos crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.